2021 NBA Mock Draft, Post-Draft Lottery Edition
Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images
31. Milwaukee Bucks (via Rockets): Day’Ron Sharpe (North Carolina, C, Freshman)
32. New York Knicks (via Pistons): Charles Bassey (Western Kentucky, C, Junior)
33. Orlando Magic: Trey Murphy III (Virginia, PF, Junior)
34. New Orleans Pelicans (via Cavaliers): RaiQuan Gray (Florida State, SF/PF, Junior)
35. Oklahoma City Thunder: Josh Primo (Alabama, SG, Freshman)
36. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Timberwolves): Joel Ayayi (Gonzaga, PG/SG, Junior)
37. Detroit Pistons (via Raptors): Roko Prkacin (Cibona, PF, 2002)
38. Chicago Bulls (via Pelicans): Jeremiah Robinson-Earl (Villanova, PF, Sophomore)
39. Sacramento Kings: Kessler Edwards (Pepperdine, SF/PF, Junior)
40. New Orleans Pelicans (via Bulls): Ariel Hukporti (Nevezis Kedainiai, C, 2002)
Sharpe and Edwards are Bleacher Report’s top-ranked projected second-rounders.
There is naturally some hesitation from scouts on Sharpe, a 265-pound back-to-the-basket big. A lack of perceived upside could allow him to fall into the 30s, where he’s a potential value pick due to the likelihood of his power, motor, mobility and passing translating to high-to-low assists, second-chance points, hustle plays and defensive versatility.
Edwards didn’t face many noteworthy opponents outside of Gonzaga twice in the WCC. Continuing to bury threes, score from the post and defend during NBA combine scrimmages could help sway scouts who’ve been hesitant to buy his skill set and production due to Pepperdine’s strength of schedule.
Prkacin and Hukporti, international teenagers, will also have an opportunity in Chicago to improve their stock. Both could have a chance at the late-first round, with Prkacin’s appeal stemming from his scoring versatility at 6’9″. Hukporti is an enticing upside pick with 7’0″, 250-pound size, plenty of athletic ability and a desire to prove he’s developing some perimeter skill.
Ayayi declined an invite to the NBA combine, as his camp has created the perception that they’re happy with his stock. It’s possible a team in the late 20s has expressed interest, but we aren’t ready to slot him in the first round until more intel is dug up.
We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.
For all the latest Sports News Click Here