Battlegrounds Mobile India Release Date “Closer Than You Think”: Krafton
Krafton’s official Facebook page for Battlegrounds Mobile India hinted that a release date is sooner than expected. According to the post the Battlegrounds Mobile India release date “time is getting closer than you think”. It then goes on to peddle pre-registrations as with past communication from the company regarding the game. All of this would suggest that there’s little standing in the way of a possible launch what with politicians aplenty asking Prime Minister Modi to ban Battlegrounds Mobile India, citing it to be nothing but the return of previously banned game, PUBG Mobile.
Earlier, IGN India reported that the Battlegrounds Mobile India release date is slated for June 18. This was backed up by several insiders as well.
A recently revealed RTI confirmed that the Indian government won’t preemptively ban Battlegrounds Mobile India while another confirmed that Krafton did meet Indian embassy officials in Seoul to discuss its prospects in India. What followed next was a commitment of investing $100 million into the country.
For its part, outside of talking up Battlegrounds Mobile India, Krafton has remained silent on every other aspect of its operations in the country. IGN India reached out to Krafton when Battlegrounds Mobile India was first revealed with a slew of questions. Including:
- Is the game being built from scratch at Krafton in South Korea?
- Why would Krafton not reuse years of work done on PUBG Mobile?
- Is it true Nodwin would be running the game’s servers in India?
- Was Krafton’s investment in Nodwin and donation to PM Cares done to bring the game back?
- Is Tencent still Krafton’s second-biggest investor and still making the game for global and Chinese markets?
- How does Krafton guarantee the India build isn’t based on the same source code used by Tencent?
- Why is Krafton afraid to mention PUBG Mobile in its press release?
Naturally we received no response from the company. This should come as no surprise. Krafton also stayed quiet regarding ongoing racism in the Battlegrounds Mobile community as well despite repeated requests for comment directed at India boss Aneesh Aravind and Chairman CH Kim.
We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.
For all the latest Gaming News Click Here