BGMI will now ask for OTP from parents to start the gameplay; More steps taken to promote responsible gaming – Smartprix
BGMI has finally introduced the ‘Game Responsibly’ feature to bring some improvement in the gaming habit of its young player base. The new campaign brings time OTP control, gameplay limits, customized game graphics, and game spend limits.
Krafton brought BGMI as a remodeled version of PUBG with a bunch of features to enhance game-life balance. The company announced the new Game Responsibly feature with a YouTube ad. Also, Krafton, the developer and publisher of BGMI has released a dedicated page for better understanding.
As a part of its Game Responsibly campaign, BGMI allows parents to control the gaming habits of minors i.e. users below 18 years of age. Parents can now authorize the gaming session of minors through an OTP sent to them whence the game is initiated by the child. So, for this feature to work, a minor account needs to provide details of a guardian during the first registration.
ALSO READ: India eye 6G rollout by 2024 even though 5G is yet to roll out in the country
To promote the responsible BGMI gaming, the following in-game features have been added:
- Virtual World Warning Message: Prior to the actual game begins, players will be prompted with a warning that they are entering a virtual gaming world from their real physical world.
- OTP Authentication: Every minor below the age of 18 are required to register their parent or guardian before they can play with their first game.
- Breaktime Reminders: These breaks help players keep track of their time to avoid addictive game sessions and get back to real life
- Gameplay Limits: This restriction is in place to prevent players under 18 years from gaming for more than 3 hours a day just like any other entertainment activity.
- Daily Spend Limits: Now, every player can only spend a maximum of Rs 7,000 per day for various in-game purchases.
- Moderated Game Graphics: The graphical representation within the game promotes reduced bloodshed, violence, nudity, and censorship over language.
ALSO READ: Garena Free Fire tips: tips to improve close-range combat game
The South Korean company has also promised to bring more conscious efforts in the coming days to improve the reach of BGMI while promoting a positive game-life balance. So, what do you think about this? Tell us in the comments below.
We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.
For all the latest Technology News Click Here