Bhuvneshwar Kumar nominated for ICC monthly award after exploits against England
The ICC on Thursday (April 8) announced the nominees to recognise the best performances from both male and female cricketers across all forms of international cricket.
Besides Bhuvneshwar, the others in the men’s category included ace leg-spinner Rashid Khan of Afghanistan and Zimbabwe’s Sean Williams. The nominees among the women’s comprised Rajeshwari Gayakwad of India, South Africa’s Lizelle Lee and India’s Punam Raut.
Last month, Bhuvneshwar played three ODIs against England where he took 6 wickets with an economy rate of 4.65. He also went on to play five T20Is against them where he took 4 wickets with a fantastic economy rate of 6.38. He was the standout bowler on either side in the white ball series between India and England.
Who’s your ICC Men’s Player of the Month for March?
Sean Williams 🇿🇼 264 Test runs at 132, 2 centuries
Rashid Khan 🇦🇫 11 Test wickets at 25; 6 T20I wickets at 12.6
Bhuvneshwar Kumar 🇮🇳 6 ODI wickets at 22.5; 4 T20I wickets at 28.7
— ICC (@ICC) April 8, 2021
Rashid took 11 wickets as his team won the second Test against Zimbabwe and followed up with six wickets in a 3-0 T20I victory for his side. From Zimbabwe, Williams played two Tests against Afghanistan where he scored a total of 264 runs and took 2 wickets. He also went on to play three T20Is against them wherein he scored 45 runs with a strike rate of 128.57.
In women’s cricket, Rajeshwari played five ODIs against South Africa and has been their leading wicket-taker in both the white ball series. She took 8 wickets with an economy rate of 3.56 in the ODIs and in the three T20Is against the same opponent she took 4 wickets with an economy rate of 4.75.
Raut played five ODIs against South Africa where she scored a total of 263 runs at 87.66 with a strike rate of 71.66. Raut has been India’s top run-scorer in the ODI series against South Africa, scoring a century and two half-centuries in these games.
Who’s your ICC Women’s Player of the Month for March?
Rajeshwari Gayakwad 🇮🇳 Eight ODI wickets at 20.25; four T20I wickets at 14.25
Lizelle Lee 🇿🇦 288 ODI runs at 144.00; 90 T20I runs at 30.00
Punam Raut 🇮🇳 263 ODI runs at 87.66
— ICC (@ICC) April 8, 2021
From the South African camp, Lizelle played four ODIs against India where she scored a century and two half-centuries to move to the top of the ICC batting rankings.
The three nominees for each of the categories are shortlisted based on the on-field performances and overall achievements during the period of that month (the first to the last day of each calendar month).
- IPL 2021: Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) Strength, Weakness, Best Playing XI, Prediction
- India vs England: Shardul Thakur reveals how used old ball to hunt down Englishmen
- Test cricket remains my priority, will monitor workload management in IPL 2021: Bhuvneshwar
- India vs England, 2nd ODI: Records tumble as Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes guide England to big win
- India vs England, 2nd ODI: Ben Stokes proud as rampant tourists stick to their values
- India vs England 2nd ODI: Stokes, Bairstow onslaught blows away hosts in big run chase to level series
- India vs England 2nd ODI, Highlights: Bairstow century, Stokes’ carnage help England pull off a big chase
- ICC Rankings: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma gain in T20Is, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar move up in ODIs
- India vs England T20I Series 2021: Full List of Award Winners, Prize Money, Records, Stats; Kohli-Rohit shine
- India vs England: Virat Kohli’s surprise announcement: Opening in IPL 2021, and continuing till T20 WC
- India vs England, 5th T20I: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma earn hosts a 3-2 series win
- India vs England, 4th T20I Highlights: Suryakumar, Hardik, Shardul help India win by 8 runs; level series 2-2
Get breaking news alerts.
You have already subscribed
We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Sports headlines.
For all the latest Sports News Click Here
For the latest news and updates, follow us on Google News