Cyberpunk 2077 DLC and Expansion Details Leaked
Cyberpunk 2077 just can’t seem to catch a break, as plans for its upcoming DLCs and expansions have seemingly leaked by a data miner on reddit.
Redditor u/Saint-Pirate posted about his findings regarding text hidden in the game’s files that seems to point towards the upcoming free DLCs and expansions. Here’s the list of 17 items that were labelled as DLC, some of which give us a clear idea of what developer CD Projekt Red (CDPR) has planned for the game, along with interpretation of what these updates are thanks to the work of many reddit sleuths:
- dlc1_swp – possible smart weapon pack
- dcl2_jposes – poses for photo mode
- dlc3_kab01 – possible map rework of Kabuki area
- dlc4_quartz – possible character customisation
- dlc5_jackets – possible additional clothing
- dlc6_apart – possible apartment customisation
- dlc7_pwp – possible power weapons
- dlc8_mirror – possible character customisation
- dlc9_arr06 – possible map rework of Arroyo area or new quest in the area
- dlc10_monster – possible boss fight or Witcher inspired dlc
- dlc11_jlook – possible character customisation
- dlc12_mfinish – possible finisher moves like The Witcher 3 DLC
- dlc13_twp – possible tech weapons
- dlc14_arr12 – possible map rework of Arroyo area or new quest in the area
- dlc15_ngplus – new game plus
- dlc16_jpn06 – possible map rework of Japantown area
- dlc17_bwp – possible blunt weapons
Along with the 17 DLC additions, the data miner also found traces of two big expansions called EP1 and EP2. The redditor posits that the first expansion might be arriving in early 2022, as text about new quests from the in-game character Mr. Hands has been found after the recent 1.2 patch.
The data miner then proceeded to explain how they found the text files in the first place. They state that the free DLCs were indeed planned for release in early 2021, but were delayed following the massive CDPR database hack that happened earlier this year. The team had also been busy working on getting the game back on to the PlayStation store, and now that they are “satisfied” with the current version, development on DLCs seems to have continued swiftly.
The new DLC listings suggest not only new items, but also a ‘New Game Plus’ mode that was missing from the original game. An updated roadmap for the game promised DLC and a native next-gen updates to arrive in the second half of 2021. With the company also working on a next-gen version of this game as well as The Witcher 3, it’s clear that CDPR has their work cut out for them.
Cyberpunk 2077 is out now for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC. The game runs on the new-gen consoles via backwards compatibility with a next-gen patch slated to arrive in the second half of 2021.
We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.
For all the latest Gaming News Click Here