How to take backup of Google Photos & Google Drive data with Google takeout – Smartprix
Google Takeout might sound to you like a food delivery service but trust me it’s not. The Google Takeout is a data backup download service from the Alphabet subsidiary. With the help of the Takeout service, you can download all your data from Google Drive, Google Photos and other Google services into a single file that too for free.
With Google Takeout you can basically download all of your Google account, including all the pages you’ve bookmarked, YouTube videos you’ve viewed, Drive items you’ve uploaded, and so on.
Using Google Takeout to save your data will not impact your accounts in any way. You’ll just receive.zip or.tgz files with all of your information. This is excellent for backups. If you are running out of space on Google Photos or Google Drive this might be an excellent way to create space without losing your precious memories or data.
ALSO READ: How to recover your Gmail account with or without recovery email
Here’s how to use Google Takeout to download Google Photos and Google Drive data:
If you are using an android device, then most of us use Google photos and Google Drive for backing up our important moments, memories, and more. This leads to filling up of space on the dive and this will create problems as the new photos will not back up. So let us understand how one can download and empty their drive storage successfully without deleting any files.
1. Search for Google Takeout on your phone or PC or go directly by clicking here.
2. Once the webpage opens tick on ‘Deselect’ if you wish to back selected options.
3. Select Google Photos and if you want a backup of Google Drive, then you can also select Google Drive.
4. Click on Next Step.
5. Now, you will asked to choose the file type, frequency, and delivery method.
6. For delivery method leave “Send Download Link Via Email” as it is.
7. For frequency, you will have to determine whether you want this to be a one-time or recurring process. Setting this to a recurring process means you’ll get updated backups every two months for a year.
8. Next, you’ll be asked whether you want the archive compressed into.zip or.tgz files — in almost all cases, you’ll want the.zip file. Google offers different sizes If there is too much data for the size you’ve specified, Google will create multiple backup files to accommodate everything.
7. Click on “Create Export”.
8. After processing, you will be able to download all the files.
Google Takeout FAQ:
Q: Can I Takeout Google Photos for free?
Yes, the Google Takeout service is absolutely free. With Google Takeout you can download all your Google Photos easily.
Q: how long does google takeout take to download your data?
It depends on your data size. Usually, it takes only few minutes to get your download link. Once you click the link it will start to download your data.
We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.
For all the latest Technology News Click Here