India vs England, 3rd Test: Axar Patel reveals how did he spin out English batsmen
This was Axar’s second five-wicket haul in a row as he had scalped five in the second innings of the second Test as well. And the all-rounder admitted that he was riding on the confidence from the second Test and focused on bowling a consistent line and length.
“I didn’t expect to take six wickets on the opening day because didn’t know whether we would be bowling or batting on the first day. But I was prepared as I had taken five wickets in the last match too. I was bowling well so I was prepared to bowl with the pink ball as well. I didn’t know about what pink-ball brings to the table but had confidence in my line and length and it paid off,” said Axar.
Ishant Sharma, who is playing the 100th Test, provided India with the first breakthrough and after the first wicket, the spinners took over the mantle from the pacer. R Ashwin and Axar spun a web over visitors to bundled out them for 112 in the first innings.
“When the fast bowlers were bowling they were facing trouble while landing during the run-up. So, I was called on early to a bowl and I think the pink ball has a little glare due to which the ball was skidding. So, I think the ball skid more than Chennai in Ahmedabad,” said Axar.
Even after playing in front of the home crowd, Axar didn’t feel that the hosts had any advantage on the opening day of the first Test. “Home advantage was there but since I was playing after five years and that too on a new wicket not much advantage was felt. However, if you look at the Gujarati crowd we had, it gave me a sense of having the home advantage but if you keep that factor aside it was evenly poised for the two sides,” said Axar.
- India vs England, 3rd Test: Fan breaches bio-bubble at Motera Stadium to meet Virat Kohli; probe on
- IND vs ENG, 3rd Test: Axar Patel slices through England as India shine in day-night Test
- “England treated selection for India series like PL teams treat early stages of FA Cup,” says Michael Vaughan
- India vs England, Pink-Ball Test: Cheteshwar Pujara dismissed for duck for the first time at a Gujarat venue
- India vs England, 3rd Test: Stokes applies saliva on ball; spoken to by umpires
- Motera Stadium Name Change: ‘Hum do humare do’: Rahul Gandhi takes dig at renaming of Gujarat stadium
- Narendra Modi Stadium: India Government issues clarification over Motera Stadium name change; find out
- India vs England: Amit Shah wishes local boy Cheteshwar Pujara slams double ton in Pink-Ball Test in Ahmedabad
- Felicitation by President, HM and teammates’ guard of honour mark Ishant Sharma’s 100th Test
- India vs England, 3rd Test: Axar Patel’s six-for, Ashwin spin out visitors for 112 at Motera Stadium
- India vs England, 3rd Test: Ashwin, Axar Patel keep home side ahead at Motera Stadium
- India vs England, Pink-Ball Test: Joe Root elects to bat at Narendra Modi Stadium; Ishant Sharma felicitated
Get breaking news alerts.
You have already subscribed
We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Sports headlines.
For all the latest Sports News Click Here
For the latest news and updates, follow us on Google News