Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape has permission to continue playing for club – Reports 

An unnamed Premier League player arrested on suspicion of rape will be allowed to continue playing for his club, according to The Daily Star. The player is on bail till October 4 as investigations continue.

The Metropolitan Police has said that they’ll not take any further action for the alleged offence, which was committed in June last year. However, two further allegations are currently being investigated by the police.

According to the aforementioned source, the player has denied any wrongdoing and is available for selection in the Premier League. The player’s club gave the following statement to the Guardian (via Daily Star):

“As stated previously, we have confirmed that the player denies the allegations. The police have issued a statement saying they are not taking any further action on one of the allegations, and the player has had his bail extended pending the outcome of their inquiries. There have been no charges laid, and the player can fulfil his professional commitments.”

The statement continued:

“We take our commitments and responsibilities seriously and have followed our safeguarding policies and procedures. We will keep this matter under close consideration and will review further if circumstances change.”

The Premier League footballer arrested on suspicion of rape is no longer being investigated for one of the three alleged incidents.The Metropolitan Police told Sky Sports News on Thursday that no further action will be taken in relation to the alleged offence in June 2021. https://t.co/MVIEYaPejl

The unamed player was part of his club’s pre-season tour and is expected to compete in the Premier League as well. The Daily Star, however, added that should any of the charges turn out to be true, the player will be indefinitely suspended from the team.

This is the second time this year a player could be suspended by their club in the English top flight. Earlier this year, Manchester United suspended forward Mason Greenwood after he was accused of sexually assaulting a woman. The England forward is still suspended and is not expected to take part next season.


New Premier League season kickstarts in a week

The new Premier League season will begin on Friday, August 5, with Arsenal travelling to Selhurst Park to face London rivals Crystal Palace.

Official: Arsenal will debut their new third kit for the 2022/23 season in their opening Premier League match against Crystal Palace next Friday. #afc https://t.co/JsEpo8iaw9

Defending champions Manchester City will be in action on Sunday, August 7, away at West Ham United.


Stay connected with us on social media platform for instant update click here to join our  Twitter, & Facebook

We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.

For all the latest Sports News Click Here 

 For the latest news and updates, follow us on Google News

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! TechAzi is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More