PS5 buying guide: How to get a PlayStation 5 in time for Christmas
It’s fair to say that almost a year since it launched, PS5 supplies have failed to meet demand.
The PlayStation 5 continues to sell out almost immediately after going on sale, to the point that websites have crashed after releasing stock.A
A recent report even suggests that the PlayStation 5 stock issues will continue until 2023.
The report – which was posted by Bloomberg – claims that Toshiba will be unable to manufacture enough of the power-regulating chips needed to make games consoles.
“The supply of chips will remain very tight until at least September next year,” explained Takeshi Kamebuchi from Toshiba.
“In some cases, we may find some customers not being fully served until 2023.”
With Christmas coming up and stock levels remaining low, Express Online has put together a list of tips and tricks for customers hoping to buy a PS5 in time for the holidays.
There’s one list of general stock tips for fans buying online, as well as another for customers hoping to purchase a PS5 from GAME.
Check out the PlayStation 5 buyer’s guide below for the latest tips and tricks.
PlayStation 5 shopping tips when buying from GAME (via PS5 UK Stock)….
• Get familiar with the bundles, so you know which one to target first: Obscure bundles are easier to get, standalones almost impossible. [GAME]
• When alerted, click through to your first bundle of choice as quickly as possible, this will get you into the queue. [GAME]
• If it says it’s failed when trying to checkout, it means that bundle is now OOS. So go back to the bundles and pick another one. [GAME]
• Checking out too much too quickly will give you a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush it. If this happens, just wait a bit then try again. [GAME]
PlayStation 5 general shopping tips…
• Login if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices wherever possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app for purchasing a PS5.
• Sign up for retailer stock alerts where possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register interest.
• Follow stock checker accounts and websites, including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.
One other useful tip is to actually visit stores in person, especially now that COVID restrictions have eased.
High street retailers routinely restock the PlayStation 5, often without any big announcement.
It’s also worth following local stores on Twitter, as individual GAME outlets sometimes confirm restocks via their own smaller Twitter sites.
If you’re really desperate you can always purchase a device from eBay or CEX, just know that you’re going to end up paying more.
We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.
For all the latest Entertainment News Click Here