RIL AGM in numbers: 37.9 million new Jio users, Jio Phone Next for 300 million 2G users, and more
Reliance Industries Limited’s 44th Annual General Meeting (AGM) saw a few major announcements, right from the addition of new Jio subscribers, and the growth of Jio Platforms, Jio Phone Next 4G affordable smartphone in partnership with Google. The company has also announced that its Jio 5G network, which is 100 percent homegrown, has successfully demonstrated speeds above 1Gbps and has recently received regulatory approvals for trials, and said that the company is confident that it will be the first to launch full-fledged 5G services in India. Additionally, Mukesh Ambani has also announced the company’s growth in its retail business, fibre connections, JioMart reception, and much more. Here’s everything that Reliance Industries announced at its AGM, in numbers.
- Starting off with Jio, the largest telecom network in India has added 37.9 million users in FY21, bringing the total to 425 million users.
- Jio is now the world’s second biggest telecom operator by subscriber base
- The total Jio 4G data consumption last year was around 630-crore GB per month, which is a 45 percent growth in data consumption over the previous year
- Thanks to infrastructure investments, Jio has now created the capacity to onboard an 200 million additional 4G users
- Jio 5G network has managed to cross 1Gbps speeds during trials
- Jio Fiber is being used in more than 2 million new premises over the last year
- Jio Fiber now has a base of 3 million active home and business users, making it the largest and fastest-growing fixed broadband operation in India
- Data consumption on Jio Fiber has grown to more than 3.5 times compared to a year ago.
- Jio Fiber is now physically present outside more than 12 million homes and business premises, with a deep fibre footprint in the top 100 cities
Jio Phone Next
- Jio and Google-made Jio Phone Next will be on sale from September 10th
- The company is yet to reveal Jio Phone Next complete specifications and prices
- The phone is aimed at the 300 million feature phone users who are still stuck on 2G
- JioMart has registered over 6.5 lakh peak orders in a single day
- Reliance to build four Giga Factories to manufacture and fully integrate all the critical components of its New Energy ecosystem focussing on clean energy
These were some of the numbers of Jio Platforms. The company’s growth comes despite the COVID-19 pandemic. The company’s consolidated revenue was nearly 540,000 crore, thanks to a sharp increase in consumer businesses. It had a net profit of 53,739 crores for the year, which is higher by 34.8 percent compared to the previous year.
For all the latest Technology News Click Here