Rumour Has It: Arsenal dealt Vlahovic blow as Man Utd eye up Lamptey move
The in-demand Serbia international is the joint-fourth highest scorer in Europe’s top five leagues this term and is wanted by an array of clubs across the continent.
While a January move has been touted, however, Fiorentina appear to be playing hardball when it comes to the future of the 21-year-old striker.
TOP STORY – FIORENTINA DEMANDS PREVENTING ARSENAL’S VLAHOVIC PURSUIT
Arsenal are reportedly willing to match Fiorentina‘s €75million (£62.62m) asking price for Vlahovic, which would make him the second-most expensive player in their history.
However, The Independent reports that the Serie A side want the majority of that money paid upfront, whereas Arsenal intend to spread the cost over the next four years.
The Gunners may therefore have to wait until the end of the campaign, at which point Vlahovic will have a year to run on his contract, before renegotiating with Fiorentina.
– It is shaping up to be a busy conclusion to the January window for Arsenal as Goal reports that the Premier League side have made contact with Juventus over a loan move for midfielder Arthur Melo, while Leicester City‘s Youri Tielemans is another potential target.
– L’Equipe claims that Paul Pogba remains a target for Paris Saint-Germain as he nears the end of his Manchester United contract. The midfielder has not featured since November due to injury and is not expected to return until next month.
– According to The Mail, Man Utd are eyeing a move for Brighton and Hove Albion‘s Tariq Lamptey as an upgrade on Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Diogo Dalot. Interim boss Ralf Rangnick is said to be a big fan of the right-sided player’s versatility.
– Sticking with Rangnick and United, the German coach has put Ajax boss Erik ten Hag‘s name forward as the best option to replace him when his interim spell at Old Trafford ends in June. That is according to Le Parisien, with the French outlet also suggesting PSG’s Mauricio Pochettino still remains in the frame.
– Ambitious Newcastle United have already brought in Kieran Trippier this month and more players look set to follow. Tuttomercato suggests that Roma‘s Chris Smalling could be lured to St James’ Park as the Magpies desperately attempt to strengthen at centre-back.
– Freiburg‘s Nico Schlotterbeck is attracting plenty of interest this month, with Bayern Munich and Real Madrid among those being linked. Bayern appear to be leading that particular race if reports from Spain are anything to go by, with the defender supposedly keen to stay in the Bundesliga.
Get breaking news alerts.
You have already subscribed
We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.
For all the latest Sports News Click Here