The Spanish giants missed out on silverware in 2020-21, much to their dismay.
Carlo Ancelotti has replaced Zinedine Zidane as head coach with big expectations.
TOP STORY – MADRID TARGET SALAH IF MBAPPE FAILS
Ancelotti has told Real Madrid president Florentino Perez he wants to sign Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah , reports Fichajes.
The Italian believes Los Blancos needs another forward, with Salah seen as his back-up plan if they fail to land Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe.
Madrid’s financial situation is complicated, with the club not making any major signings in 2020-21 amid the fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic, but they appear determined to land a major forward this off-season.
Tottenham and Southampton dire relations leaves Ings deal in trouble
— Standard Sport (@standardsport) July 14, 2021
– 90min reports that Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard has emerged as a target for Spanish champions Atletico Madrid, having caught Diego Simeone’s eye during his loan spell at West Ham United.
– Chelsea have shopped around striker Tammy Abraham and Arsenal are interested, according to The Telegraph.
– The Athletic believes Tottenham may make a move for Roma midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini, although he has a £26m (€30m) release clause.
– Poor relations between Spurs and Southampton, stemming from 2020’s Pierre-Emile Hjobjerg deal, may scupper a proposed move for Danny Ings, according to Standard Sport.
– Newly promoted Brentford are set to splash a club record transfer fee of £13.5m to land Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer, claims The Telegraph.
— Telegraph Football (@TeleFootball) July 15, 2021
Get breaking news alerts.
You have already subscribed
We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.
For all the latest Sports News Click Here