Strictly’s Anton Du Beke ‘hasn’t spoken’ to ex-judge Bruno Tonioli

Anton Du Beke, 56, took over from Bruno Tonioli, 66, on last year’s Strictly Come Dancing amid Covid restrictions, with Bruno being unable to travel to the UK from the US, where he was a judge on Dancing with the Stars, due to flight restrictions. Ahead of this year’s series, Anton’s permanent position on the judging panel was announced, with the dancer admitting that he “hasn’t spoken” to Bruno since the replacement news.

Bruno had been a staple on the Strictly judging panel since 2004 but had to take a break from the show due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Anton filled in last year as a judge, becoming a massive hit with viewers, with many calling for his permanent seat on the judging panel.

Fans’ prayers were answered when it was announced earlier this year that Anton would be permanently sitting on the judging panel.

However, in a recent interview, Anton admitted that he “hasn’t spoken” to Bruno since his new position was announced.

READ MORE: Carol Vorderman, 61, puts on jaw-dropping busty display in towel

He said: “I haven’t spoken to him, I haven’t spoken to any of the judges.

“It was all down to circumstance really, the situation with flying still isn’t ideal — we all know how many flights are being cancelled — and Bruno said to the BBC, ‘Listen, I can’t do both shows, thank you very much and good luck'”, Anton told The Sun.

Bruno opened up about his reasons for stepping down from the role close to the time his departure was announced.

Discussing a joke Bruno made about Anton “needing the money” when he took the judge position, Anton replied: “I think he was just mucking around. I can imagine him saying it.

“I think it looked more punchy than it was. So I didn’t get the hump over it at all. It actually made me laugh.”

Anton was a professional dancer on Strictly for 18 series, but never once lifted the Glitterball trophy.

He came close, however, in his first year on the show, when he was partnered with opera singer Lesley Garret, with the pair finishing third.

Anton was partnered with former Labour politician Jacqui Smith in 2020, with the pair being the first couple voted off the BBC show that year.

Starting later this month, Anton will join head judge Shirley Ballas, Craig Revel Horwood and Motsi Mabuse on the judging panel.

Celebrities for this year’s lineup include Kym Marsh, Will Mellor, Kaye Adams, Matt Goss and Helen Skelton, just to name a few.

You can watch Strictly Come Dancing on BBC One from September 17

Stay connected with us on social media platform for instant update click here to join our  Twitter, & Facebook

We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.

For all the latest Entertainment News Click Here 

 For the latest news and updates, follow us on Google News

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! TechAzi is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More