Euro 2020: Ukraine vs England Stats Preview; Three Lions have the advantage
The match kicks off on Sunday (July 4) at 12.30am IST and will be shown live on Sony TEN 2 SD/HD channels with live streaming available on SonyLIV and Jio.
Cash vs. Covid: UEFA pressuring host countries to flout restrictions? | Oneindia News
England have lost just one of their seven meetings with Ukraine in all competitions (W4 D2), going down 0-1 in October 2009 in a World Cup qualifier.
With OPTA/Stats Perform inputs, myKhel.com gives you a statistical preview of the match.
• The last two games between the sides have finished level, with this the first meeting since September 2013 (0-0 in Kiev).
• England and Ukraine have met a major tournament once before, with the Three Lions winning 1-0 in the group stages of EURO 2012, thanks to a Wayne Rooney goal.
• Ukraine have scored just three goals in their seven meetings with England, and never more than once in a match.
• The last four meetings between the sides have produced just four goals in total (2 each).
• Each of England’s previous three quarterfinal matches at the European Championship have gone to extra time and penalties – after progressing from the first of these against Spain in 1996, England lost in penalty shootouts against Portugal in 2004 and Italy in 2012.
• England are only the second side in European Championship history not to concede in any of their first four games of an edition of the tournament, after Germany in 2016.
• Ukraine’s only previous quarterfinal appearance in a major tournament ended in a 0-3 defeat to Italy in the 2006 World Cup.
• Ukraine have won two of their last three European Championship matches, more than they had in their first seven in the competition (W1 L6).
• Coming into the quarterfinal matches, only Italy (2.1) have a lower expected goals conceded total than England (2.7) at EURO 2020.
• Raheem Sterling has scored three of England’s four goals at EURO 2020 so far, while only two players have ever scored more for the Three Lions in a single edition at the tournament – Alan Shearer in 1996 (5) and Wayne Rooney in 2004 (4).
• Andriy Yarmolenko has either scored (two) or assisted (three) five of Ukraine’s eight Euro 2020 goals.
• Indeed, five goal involvements is level with Andriy Shevchenko (4 goals, 1 assist) for the most by a Ukraine player at major tournaments.
Euro 2020: Roberto Martinez to make late decision on De Bruyne, Hazard for Italy tie
Euro 2020: Switzerland are a match for Spain – Luis Enrique says there is no room for complacency
Euro 2020: Written off Thorgan Hazard forging his own path
Sancho to complete Man Utd move after England duty at Euro 2020
Pogba accused of ‘losing the plot’ by Petit in France’s shock Euro 2020 exit
Switzerland vs Spain, Euro 2020: Dream11 prediction, head-to-head, key players, kick off time in India
Euro 2020, Switzerland vs Spain: Three key battles that could decide the outcome of quaterfinal
Belgium vs Italy, Euro 2020: Dream11 prediction, head-to-head, key players, kick off time in India
Euro 2020, Belgium vs Italy: Three key battles that could decide outcome of match
Rumour Has It: Mbappe makes PSG decision amid interest, Man Utd wish list grows
Euro 2020: Belgium vs Italy Stats Preview: Battle royale on the cards
Arsenal ahead of Juventus in race to sign Locatelli, claims Sassuolo director
Get breaking news alerts.
You have already subscribed
For all the latest Sports News Click Here